Board Review: Is Your Board Effective for Today’s Healthcare Environment?
StreamedNov 3, 2021Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Learn how to evaluate the effectiveness of your board.
Determine if your agency has the right mix of talent to meet today’s evolving healthcare environment of value-based care.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify when it is time for a board evaluation
- Use board evaluation tools to assess effectiveness
- Identify how your board can support your agency
- Explain how diversity among board members can benefit an agency
- Describe the benefits of a board succession plan
Numerous duties, responsibilities, and qualities characterize what board members should embody. The board must be efficient and work well together to create the synergy that produces excellent outcomes. Healthcare boards deal with a large group of stakeholders, which requires integrative skills. They’re also responsible for establishing policies, making strategic decisions, and overseeing organizational activity. No matter what skills, talents, and expertise an individual brings to their board, there’s always room for improvement.
This webinar will walk you through a board evaluation. It will review potential gaps where a board member could assist with new opportunities for growth in the community, cultural equity, program development, and expansion. The program will review board evaluation tools, address when it’s time for changes, and explain what a board succession plan should look like.
THIS WEBINAR BENEFITS THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
- Home Care
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit executive leadership, directors, board members, CEOs, CFOs, DOPCSs, DONs, owners, business development teams, marketing staff, and all clinical leadership.
- Practical Guidance for Health Care Governing Boards on Compliance Oversight
- Board Organization and Structure
- Weblinks to valuable resources including:
- For-Profit Organizational Assessment Questionnaire
- Framework for Effective Board Governance of Health System Quality
- Critical Access Hospital Governing Board Manual
- Keeping a Healthcare Board Relevant, 9 Critical Considerations
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC