Developing Effective Appeals for Medical Claim Denials
StreamedJul 25, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Do you know the top TPE/ADR and Medicare claim denial risks?
Prepare for rising medical record claim reviews by arming yourself with consistent processes to craft effective appeals to Medicare claim denials.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the top trends in TPE/ADR and other claim review denials
- Identify Medicare claim denial risks and how to manage these unfavorable decisions
- Implement a process for responding to claim denials using best practices
- Respond to redetermination and reconsideration level claim denials
- Identify areas of opportunity in your program and risks that could impact outcomes in later rounds of TPE
- Use record review tools and processes that improve the likelihood of favorable decisions on claim audits
With medical record claim reviews back in full force, more hospices are finding themselves on the receiving end of claim denials. Whether clinical eligibility or technical denials, appeals is a critical piece of the TPE/ADR process. This session will explore how to craft an effective appeal response using a timely and systematic process, organization tools, and relevant but often-overlooked clinical information.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for executive leaders, compliance team members, physicians, clinical managers, and anyone who develops appeal responses for Medicare claim denials.
- TPE/ADR record response organization tool
- LCD checklist
- Sample tracking tool for all levels of claim review
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Speaker was knowledgeable and very easy to listen to for 90 minutes--not easy for a speaker."
- Julie, Bright Spring Health
"We happen to have some appeals to draft, and this webinar is so timely! I learned a great deal, and love the tools provided to help us prepare our letter and documentation. Thank you so much."
- Cynthia, Residential Hospice
"This is hands down the best webinar I have attended recently. I am going through the slides again and the tool kit to see what we can implement right now. Jen is so knowledgeable and also very clear in her delivery. Attending this webinar will directly impact how we compile appeal packets for external audits."
- Simeone, Lower Cape Fear LifeCare
"I enjoyed the information and the handouts. The speaker was very knowledgeable."
- Patti, Good Shephard Hospice
Hospice Support Specialists
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC