Veterans’ End-of-Life Care Moving into 2022: Hospice, Home Health & Palliative Care
StreamedOct 20, 2021Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Ensure your agency has all the necessary tools...
...to provide the best possible end-of-life care to US veterans who have earned and deserve our respect and gratitude.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Recognize several new trends in veterans’ end-of-life care
- Define the available home and community-based services
- Use veteran-specific end-of-life tools and aids
- Distinguish your organization as a provider of choice with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has been working to expand hospice and palliative care among veterans, both in its own facilities and through collaboration with private healthcare providers. Historically, hospice use among veterans has been lower than the general population. The Department has been working behind the scenes to close the gap. This webinar will define the changes and differences in providing hospice and palliative care within the VA system. It will review the types of services available to veterans and their families and provide useful tools for you to share. In addition, it will address key talking points for providers to use during discussions with the VA to position your organization as a resource and a solution-oriented partner.
THIS WEBINAR BENEFITS THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is best suited for staff who are unfamiliar with VA services and resources, including those in agency administration, sales, and social services. Staff members who want an update on all the end-of-life care changes will also benefit.
- Sample reference documents for community resources
- Sample self-assessment tools for veterans and their families
- Useful reference links
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Turner Healthcare Consulting
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC