How HIPAA Impacts Email & Text Messaging: Communication Compliance for Healthcare Providers
StreamedNov 9, 2021Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Get a comprehensive look at how HIPAA compliance affects emailing and texting.
Learn how to avoid the related risks, follow the rules, and implement best practices.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Comply with HIPAA’s privacy and security rules regarding emails and texts
- Minimize HIPAA compliance risks triggered by mobile device use
- Manage patient records and rights when communicating electronically
- Protect confidential information acquired, used, and transmitted via email and text message
- Create best-practices-based policies and legally defensible procedures governing emails and texts
- Enforce email rules among onsite and remote employees
- Benefit from expert advice and compliance tips
Hospices and home care companies may communicate with and about patients via email and text, provided HIPAA’s privacy and security rules are followed. Noncompliance can result in regulatory fines, compromised EPHI, lawsuits, and lost revenue. Are you confident your organization is lawfully using emails and texts to communicate with patients and peers? Do you manage confidential and sensitive information in compliance with HIPAA’s content rules and state record retention laws? Do staff adhere to email and text rules when working from home? Have you implemented policies, procedures, and training to ensure compliant handling of email and text messages by employees and business associates? This webinar will provide a sample Confidential and Sensitive Information Policy, Record Retention Guidelines, and other tools and strategies designed to create a HIPAA-compliant electronic communications program.
THIS WEBINAR BENEFITS THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
- Home Care
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must for compliance officers, lawyers, records managers, information governance professionals, IT, human resources staff, privacy officers, directors, and administrators. Anyone who communicates via email and text will benefit.
- Sample Confidential & Sensitive Information Policy for the Healthcare Industry
- Whitepaper: Record Retention Rules for the Healthcare Industry
- Record Retention Guidelines for the Healthcare Industry
- PDF of slides and the speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC