Looking Closely at "What Counts" Towards the Volunteer 5%
StreamedDec 1, 2021Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Understanding what counts toward the 5% volunteer requirement and how it is calculated is crucial to running a high-functioning program.
This webinar will help you get back on track with meeting the 5% and even explain how to exceed it!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Delineate Medicare regulations and references specific to the 5% requirement
- Explain the spirit of the law versus the letter of the law
- Distinguish between the bedside-care intent versus counting all volunteer hours
- Discuss the guiding theme “If we count it for volunteers, we must count it for staff”
- List five ways to navigate policies and systems that are obstacles to easily meeting and exceeding the 5% requirement
The age-old question…what counts? This is a question many of us hear on a regular basis. While many of the specifics are clear cut, others are a bit vague. This webinar will look closely at the Medicare Condition of Participation related to the 5% volunteer requirement. How is it calculated? What staff hours do we include? What volunteer hours can we include? Ensure your agency not only meets but exceeds this 5%!
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for volunteer managers, hospice leadership, and volunteers serving as office assistants.
- Tools to assess your current status
- Checklist to keep you on track
- Itemized list of requirements
- List of suggestions to move beyond the 5%
- Handouts with additional lecture notes
- List of references and additional learning opportunities
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Gary Gardia Inc.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC