Effectively Managing Your Hospice Team in Today's Environment
StreamedOct 12, 2023Duration120 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
New managers often lack the skillset needed to address productivity, timely documentation, and quality of care.
This webinar will empower new managers to tackle those challenging issues and focus on key leadership areas. Discover the expectations, qualifications, and competencies your team should possess. Learn how to run an IDG, have difficult staff conversations, and protect your agency against undue oversight.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify distinct leadership/management styles to effectively lead your teams
- Define the hospice case manager’s role, responsibilities, and competency requirements
- Discuss the role of a hospice manager in effectively leading the IDG
- Explain which tools will guide your team in supporting terminality
This webinar will address the critical day-to-day elements of clinical management and a variety of leadership and management styles. Discover what to expect from your team members, how to lead an effective IDG, and how to support your staff in the hospice process and documenting terminality.
With increased government oversight through post-payment medical review audits and Targeted Probe and Educate, it is critical that clinical leadership effectively manage their teams and understand Medicare hospice regulations. The webinar will review effective tools, explain how to prepare for IDG, describe running CoPs-compliant IDG meetings, and reveal what to expect from hospice case managers. Recertification documentation and effectively meeting metrics and quality of care will also be addressed.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for new and middle management, as well as manager trainees and trainers. Hospice business owners, leadership teams, DOPCSs, clinical supervisors, directors of nursing, frontline supervisors, human resources personnel, board members, administrators, assistant administrators, business development staff, operations managers, CFOs, and COOs will also benefit from attending.
- Medicare Hospice Local Coverage Determination
- LVN initial competency skills checklist
- RN initial competency skills checklist
- Emotional Intelligence Exercises
- Creating an Effective Hospice Plan of Care
- Additional tools, templates, and resources for effectively managing staff
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"I'm not easily impressed. This webinar was excellent! I'm totally interested in any further education by this speaker. The handouts were excellent. It was a great blend of the "touchy-feely" side of hospice, then followed by regs, survey info, and CoP. Great class!"
- Jenny, Aspen Healthcare
This Webinar Appears In
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC