Effective Interdisciplinary Collaboration for Hospice
StreamedNov 15, 2023Duration75 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
More and more often, hospice teams are stretched thin by covering larger territories and bigger caseloads.
The interdisciplinary team can easily lose sight of the whole person. This webinar will explore ways to ensure that the primary care team remains connected, informed, and united in caring for the patient and family in these busy, high-tech times.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the concept of blending interdisciplinary roles and where the boundaries are
- Use nurses, social workers, chaplains, or aides to conduct a general screening of physical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs
- Optimize technology for communication and collaboration
- Focus IDG discussions around interdisciplinary care planning and reduce care silos
With shorter lengths of stay and decreasing staffing ratios, hospice nurses, social workers, chaplains, and aides are extremely busy. Often team meetings are video conferences and clinicians have less time to stop by the office. Opportunities for relationship building and informal, just-in-time collaborations are infrequent - which causes care plans to become siloed and fragmented. This emerging reality comes with several challenges, including continuing to incorporate true wholistic interdisciplinary collaboration into patient and family care. Many agencies can no longer rely on in-person meetings for those informal collaborations. Agencies must be intentional and deliberate in their approach to ensure the team stays connected and patients and families receive the best possible hospice experience. This webinar will ground participants in their mission while adapting to the realities of the new hospice environment.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will enhance practice for nurses, social workers, chaplains, and aides. It will equip team leaders with the knowledge and skills necessary to foster and encourage interdisciplinary collaboration within their teams.
- Role descriptions for team members and the scope of role blending
- Screenings for physical, psychosocial, and spiritual concerns
- Communication practices guidelines
- Suggestions for getting the most out of the IDG team
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC