Creating Tuck-In & 11th-Hour Volunteer Programs
StreamedJun 30, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Do you want to expand volunteer services? Tuck-in and 11th-hour programs are a great place to start!
This webinar will walk through the entire development process from initial assessments, program and job descriptions, training curricula, retention, and recruitment.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Utilize two methods to assess tuck-in and 11th-hour program readiness
- List five components necessary to create new volunteer programs and services
- Discuss the importance of staff buy-in for these programs
- Effectively use staff and volunteer assessment tools and methods
- Identify program variations to individualize for your specific needs
- Describe both virtual and “bedside” methods to deliver these services
When looking at expanding volunteer services, there are two great programs to consider: tuck-in and 11th-hour services. An 11th-hour program focuses on providing support and “presence” for families when death is near. Tuck-in services assist in preparing families for evenings, weekends, or times of reduced staffing, thus lessening the need for on-call services. Both programs can be offered either at the bedside or virtually, making them a good fit for volunteers who are reluctant to drive or make face-to-face visits. This webinar will explore the processes necessary to expand volunteer services by looking specifically at everything that goes into the development of these two programs.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This comprehensive webinar is designed for volunteer managers, volunteers serving on the program’s steering committee, hospice administrators, and all team leaders.
- Initial and follow-up program effectiveness assessment tools
- Staff questionnaire
- Program development checklist
- Job descriptions
- Training curricula
- Handout with lecture notes
- Training log
- List of references and additional resources
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Very detailed and I'm grateful for that. Literally could listen to his webinar and begin a "tuck in" program or 11th hour. I expected just a general what to do etc. Exceeded my expectations."
-Tracie, Hospice of Lansing
"Very informative and Mr. Gardia presented the information in a way that was very easy to understand. The presentation covered all the steps we needed to be aware of in order to succeed."
-Dolores, VITAS Healthcare
"I have been a Volunteer Coordinator in Hospice for going on 9 years. This was one of, if not the, most beneficial webinar I have attended. It is relevant, concise, easily applicable and prompts a lot of action on behalf of both the listener and the company they work for. It is a catalyst for good change within Hospice companies."
-Suzanne, Patriot Healthcare
Expanding Services: Tuck-In & 11th-Hour programs
This Essential Hospice & Palliative Care Bulletin blog post gives insight into this informative webinar, and gives more information regarding tuck-ins and 11th-hour programs.
Gary Gardia Inc.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC