Develop an Effective Hospice Competency Program
StreamedFeb 3, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
This informative webinar will examine what a hospice competency program is and how to efficiently develop and implement an effective program.
It will cover the competency process, how to include all positions and staff members, and review competency forms.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define what a competency program is and is not
- Develop an organization-wide competency program
- Recognize the key benefits of having an effective competency program
- Improve patient care and agency outcomes
- Enforce agency compliance with regulations
Having an effective hospice competency program will reduce agency risk and increase the quality of patient care, as staff become competent with policies, procedures, and federal and state accreditation regulations. CAHPS scores also improve when staff are comfortable and proficient in all procedures, including the Hoyer Lift, wound care, medication management, and infection control. When patients and families experience skilled care from properly trained staff, they experience improved outcomes and coordination of care. Now that the Hospice Care Index (HCI) is going to be counted towards hospice outcomes, having competent staff and a formal, objective competency program will give your agency a head start on improving CAHPS scores!
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative webinar is designed for administrative staff, clinical managers, QAPI coordinators, and IDG members.
- Competency checklist
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Ensure Compliance with an Outstanding Hospice Competency Program
This Essential Hospice & Palliative Care Bulletin blog post gives insight into this informative webinar, and answers the question of how to ensure compliance with your hospice competency program.
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC