Compliance for the Hospice Medical Director, NP, PA, & IDT
StreamedFeb 23, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Is your agency facing audits, medical reviews, and denials related to the CTI, physician narrative, or F2F visits?
If so, this webinar is a must! Learn about best practices for documentation related to those items and the IDT notes to support eligibility and how to avoid potential audit pitfalls.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define the roles and responsibilities of the medical director, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, and IDT as they relate to the CoPs
- Identify Medicare hospice eligibility requirements and admission triggers
- Meet CoP documentation requirements related to physician certifications of terminal illness (CTI), physician narratives, and face-to-face (F2F) visits
- Comply with documentation requirements to support ongoing hospice eligibility and know how to utilize Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs) to support eligibility
- Analyze what triggers Medicare postpayment reviews and audits and how to avoid them
This webinar will review the role of the hospice medical director, which is critical in supporting Medicare hospice eligibility, and the roles of the nurse practitioner, physician assistant, and IDT. It will delve into the CoP requirements for supporting hospice eligibility and the required documentation and regulations related to a certificate of terminal illness and summary. Face-to-face requirements and how a F2F visit should be written to support the CTI and recertification will also be reviewed. Learn about the role and responsibilities of the attending physician and what happens if one is not available. In addition, the critical function of the interdisciplinary group in supporting the CoPs will be covered.
WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all executive and clinical leadership, hospice medical directors, physicians, nurse practitioners, directors, quality assurance staff, and key IDT members.
- Medical director contract and job description examples
- Creating an Effective Hospice Plan of Care
- Medicare Program Integrity Manual
- Links to the electronic Hospice Conditions of Participation and valuable websites
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC