Compliance for a Hospice Volunteer Program
StreamedApr 6, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Don’t let the 5% requirement hold your volunteer program back!
Learn how to accurately calculate volunteer time and keep your program and initial training in compliance with Medicare CoPs. Managers will feel confident in their role after attending this information-packed session.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify the Conditions of Participation (CoPs) related to hospice volunteer programs
- State the importance of volunteers in care planning
- Explain what activities are included in the 5% cost savings calculation
- Define the required content for a hospice volunteer training program
- Accurately calculate volunteer time percentages
- Define roles and duties of the volunteer director and manager
Volunteer programs are considered a core hospice service required by CMS. This webinar will review the specific hospice volunteer program Conditions of Participation and the critical roles both the director/manager and volunteer serve in the patient and hospice process. Programs must meet and maintain a 5% requirement, however, not all volunteer activities fall under that 5%. Learn which ones qualify, whether they are direct or administrative, and how to accurately calculate and report total hours. This webinar will also address the Medicare hospice volunteer training program requirements to ensure your agency’s initial training program complies.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for executive leadership, board members, volunteer directors and managers, compliance officers, CFOs, clinical managers, marketing, human resources personnel, education and training staff, and business development teams.
- Additional resources and links to:
- Hospice Volunteer Training Program Certification: Information & Requirements
- Volunteer Annual Competency Test
- Meeting Volunteer Requirements for Medicare Certified Hospices
- Standards of Practice for Hospice Programs: Professional Development and Resources Series
- Tracking and Reporting Volunteer Activities on the Medicare Hospice Cost & Data Report (CMS-FORM 1984-14)
- Best Practices: Utilizing Volunteers in Hospice Organizations
- Employee training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC