The Art of Navigating Early Hospice Conversations with Patients & Families
StreamedNov 7, 2023Duration60 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Starting the hospice conversation early in the disease process is beneficial to patients, families, and agencies.
Learn how to discuss this complex but delicate topic in a compassionate way with potential consumers.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Conduct compliant patient and family centered info visits that also meet their needs
- Ask questions that will elicit the information to bridge the knowledge gap
- Guide psychosocially based conversations that address family concerns with EOL care
- Present your agency to potential consumers in a compassionate, honest, and non-threatening way
- Identify and address potential barriers to hospice admission and interventions
- Improve your hospice referral-to-admission conversion rate for eligible patients
The informational visit is an excellent opportunity to educate eligible patients and families about the hospice Medicare benefit and why they should use your agency. This session will share the best method for delivering hospice information in a non-threatening and highly informative way. It will explore how to share the gift of hospice, overcome barriers to admission, and effectively and compliantly turn potential referrals into hospice admissions.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative webinar will benefit agency leaders, physicians, managers (clinical and non-clinical), registered nurses, social workers, spiritual care professionals, office staff, intake personnel, and teammates who provide hospice information.
- Question and answer talking point guide
- Barrier and intervention guide
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"This webinar was fabulous. I have been working in Hospice for a few years. I know that I have information dumped on patients before. This really helped me evaluate what I say as I share information about Hospice."
- Rachel, Superior Home Care and Hospice
Hospice Support Specialists
© 2024 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC