Mean What You Say, Say What You Mean: Assertiveness Training for Professionals
StreamedOct 27, 2020Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
What kind of communicator are you? Do you say what you mean and mean what you say?
Join us for an informative, interactive webinar on how to increase your effectiveness and reduce frustration by discovering and finessing your communication style.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify four communication styles
- Take steps to become an assertive professional
- Use the three Cs of assertive communication
- Communicate with confidence and composure
- Distinguish the communication styles of others
- Recognize five red flags of communication
Have you ever left a meeting frustrated because you couldn’t get your point across? Are you often misunderstood by your team, peers, or superiors? Do you bulldoze over the thoughts, feelings, and opinions of others, or just let things go and appear as if you don’t care? Have you heard people say, “communication is the root of most interpersonal problems”? There’s a lot of truth to it! Communication is a word that is frequently thrown around but what does it really mean and how do we increase its effectiveness? Assertive communication is thought to be the most effective communication style and widely accepted by managers and leaders. However, assertive communication is also a term used freely and without understanding. Most professionals seek an assertive communication style because of its effectiveness but few know how to successfully adopt it.
The way we communicate is how co-workers, customers, and partners form opinions about us. There are three primary components to assertive communication. Do you know what they are and how to communicate with power, impact, and clarity? There are also several benefits to being assertive. The top two will change how you feel about yourself and others. The interactive live webinar will allow you to participate in polling, Q&A, thought-provoking prompts, and shared experiences. Get an edge on leadership and life by fine tuning your skills and integrating an assertive communication style.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
- Home Care
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for anyone seeking to be more effective and assertive. Grow your confidence and make an impact! Leaders, managers, sales professionals, volunteer mangers, and IDG team members will all benefit from this impactful session.
Handout on the three Cs of assertive communication
- Recommended reference list for assertive communication
- Effective communication tips
- Cheat sheet on the four communication styles
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Powered By Pera
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC