Live Discharges: How, When & Why Part 1: Measuring, Monitoring, Guidelines & Regulations
StreamedAug 1, 2023Duration60 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Part 1 of this two-part package will address measuring, monitoring, guidelines, and regulations related to all five types of hospice live discharges.
Using the information provided, a hospice will be able to determine if live discharges are an area of agency concern for potential scrutiny and if so, what they can do to fly below the CMS radar.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define the five allowable types of live discharges per the Conditions of Participation (CoPs)
- Utilize best practices for live discharges
- Understand the importance of monitoring, measuring, and benchmarking live discharges
- Recognize the warning signs of problematic discharges and know how to avoid them
Medicare eligibility of live discharges remains a target area for CMS, so they should be an area of focus for all hospice agencies. Do staff understand the live discharge process, qualifications, and required documentation? Does your agency proactively manage and monitor the compliance complexities surrounding live discharges? Is your CAP and LOS an area of concern? Is your agency plagued with ADRs and patient eligibility issues? Is your HCI score adversely affected by burdensome transitions? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then the Live Discharges: How, When & Why Package will benefit your agency.
Part 1 will review the five types of allowable live discharges, how to proceed with each, the required documentation, and best practices to avoid problematic discharges. This program will evaluate the use of monitoring tools and reports for benchmarking and measuring compliance to prevent unwanted scrutiny. Learn best practices for live discharges, including working with frontline staff on hospice eligibility, which impacts live discharge statistics.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for leadership and strongly recommended for clinical managers and supervisors, quality assurance staff, CFOs, medical directors, intake coordinators, staff education RNs, assessment teams, MSWs, and administrators.
- Hospice PEPPER User’s Guide: Twelfth Edition
links to websites and additional tools, including:
- Hospice Medicare Billing Codes Sheet
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2024 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC