Reducing the Risk of Clinical Claims Review Denials by Managing Live Discharges
StreamedMar 29, 2023Duration60 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Proactively reduce clinical claims review denials with this timely, informative webinar.
Ensure you have a thorough understanding of hospice clinical eligibility to refine oversight and documentation. This training will emphasize best practices and clarify guidelines on managing live discharges to minimize denials and guarantee compliance.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Recognize the current claim review trends and climate
- Understand CMS expectations and MAC interpretations around hospice clinical eligibility
- Improve existing activities to better manage your patient eligibility without adding work burden to your frontline team members
- Implement new processes to refine eligibility oversight and documentation, and decrease claim denials
- Explore best practices for identifying, reviewing, and discharging patients whose disease trajectory no longer follows the anticipated terminal course
- Effectively oversee your patient population to ensure compliance with hospice eligibility requirements
Many hospices are facing Medicare claims audits such as TPE, ADR, SMRC, etc. and receiving clinical denials. This session will review what these clinical denials look like and explore how to reduce the risk of claim denials through effective oversight of your patient population. It will clarify how the MACs are applying the hospice eligibility guidelines and define best processes to manage patients whose terminal illness stops following the anticipated trajectory.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for executive leadership, clinical managers at all levels, registered nurses, social workers, business development team members, and hospice physicians.
- Interdisciplinary patient review process and template
- Live discharge management tools
- Eligibility process/protocol and review tools
- Free one-hour consultation with the speaker regarding the application of the presentation content and materials
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"The speaker was so clear about best practice and practical examples. One of the best webinars I have attended! I highly recommend this to anyone involved in eligibility decisions for hospice."
- Julie, Bright Spring Health
Hospice Support Specialists
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC