Infection Control & Prevention: Successfully Integrate a Comprehensive Surveillance Program
StreamedMay 4, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Does your agency have a comprehensive surveillance program for infection control and prevention?
Applying lessons learned from the pandemic, your agency can use this webinar to begin implementation or improve your current program.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Describe the benefits of a comprehensive surveillance program
- Understand how to establish and implement a comprehensive surveillance program
- Identify key elements of an effective infection control and prevention program
- Determine which assessment tools to incorporate into your surveillance program
- Integrate infection control surveillance data into your QAPI report
Preventing infection is a critical aspect of delivering quality care and improving patient outcomes. In an environment of value-based reimbursement, transparency, and compare scores, it is essential for a healthcare agency’s financial performance to integrate a comprehensive surveillance program within the infection control and prevention plan. This webinar will take a deep dive into what is required, the process, which trends, data, and observations to watch, and implementation actions. Learn the key elements of effectiveness and how to integrate that data into your agency’s QAPI program.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
- Home Care
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is intended for clinical leadership and management with a focus on quality assurance and education. Medical directors, administrators, nurse directors, IT staff, clinical liaisons, and anyone who works in skilled-nursing facilities and supports the infection preventionist staff will also benefit from attending.
- CDC: Infection Control Assessment Tool Outpatient Settings
- CDC: Infection Control Assessment Tool for Long-term Care Facilities
- CDC: Standard Precautions: Observations of Hand Hygiene Provision of Supplies
- CDC: Urinary Catheter: Observations
- CMS Memo: Revised COVID-19 Focused Infection Control Survey Tool for Acute and Continuing Care
- CMS Memo: COVID-19 Focused Infection Control Survey Tool for Acute and Continuing Care Providers and Suppliers (REVISED)
- Valuable resource links including:
- A Guide to Building a High-Performing and Resilient Infection Prevention & Control Program
- Infection prevention and control action plan template
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to otheragencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC