Hospice 101: Understanding the Basics of Hospice Eligibility
January 31, 2024
DateJan 31, 2024Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PST01:00 PM MST
02:00 PM CST03:00 PM EST
- Unlimited connections for your agency
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
The CMS final rule for 2024 calls for increased hospice oversight.
Now is the time for new and seasoned staff alike to attend training. This webinar will serve as a great introduction and refresher.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define Medicare hospice eligibility requirements
- Identify technical and clinical hospice requirements
- Complete the Notice of Election (NOE) and Patient Notification of Hospice Non-Covered Items, Services, and Drugs
- Describe the benefits of using local coverage determinations (LCDs)
Hospice 101 will review the hospice process with an emphasis on Medicare eligibility requirements. It will define hospice eligibility, the requirements, the necessary admission documentation, and how to appropriately admit and recertify a hospice patient. In addition, the use of LCDs in determining Medicare hospice eligibility and ongoing hospice certification will be reviewed and the technical and clinical Conditions of Participation requirements will be covered in detail. This includes the Notice of Election (NOE) and Patient Addendum of Non-Covered Services. Further, key areas of hospice payment denials and how to avoid them will also be addressed.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This webinar is recommended for all new hospice owners and staff and will serve as an excellent basics training or refresher for board members, leadership, quality assurance staff, compliance personnel, DOPCSs, educators, admission team nurses, clinical managers, intake staff, liaisons, marketers, and business development teams. It will also benefit home health administrators who are interested in adding a hospice agency to their service portfolio and care continuum.
- Sample Notice of Election and Patient Notification of Hospice Non-Covered Items, Services, and Drugs
- Medicare hospice local coverage determination guidelines
- Medicaid hospice provider enrollment checklist
- Valuable links to CMS and other tools
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however, there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC