Effectively Manage Hospice Live Discharges Part 1: Measuring, Monitoring, Guidelines & Regulations
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Live discharges remain on the radars of CMS, the OIG, and MedPAC.
- Define the five allowable types of hospice live discharges per the Conditions of Participation
- Describe when a hospice live discharge can be initiated and by whom
- Explain the importance of monitoring, measuring, and benchmarking live discharges
- Identify CMS’s areas of focus
- Understand the characteristics of hospice programs with problematic live discharges
- Explain what Hospice PEPPER Target Areas are and why they should be monitored
Part 1 of this two-part series will cover the five types of allowable hospice live discharges, the regulations, and how to proceed with each type. It will introduce the use of monitoring tools and reports for benchmarking and measuring compliance as a means of preventing unwanted scrutiny. Best practices will be addressed, such as working with frontline staff, especially regarding hospice eligibility. The characteristics of hospice programs with problematic discharges will also be included.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all leadership, including clinical management/supervisors, quality assurance staff, CFOs, medical directors, intake coordinators, RNs responsible for staff education, assessment team members, MSWs, and administrators.
- New and Improved PEPPER Format
- MedPAC 2020 CMS Recommendations on Live Discharges
- Hospice PEPPER User Guide Tenth Edition
- PEPPER Target Areas for Hospice
- Q4FY19 Hospice PEPPER Review
- Medicare Benefit Policy Manual – Chapter 9
- Links to valuable websites including:
- Hospice Medicare Billing Codes
- Hospice Live Discharges Audit Tool
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar