Compliance for the Hospice Nurse & Aide
StreamedMar 9, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Hospice nurses and aides are critical team members.
Learn how their roles support all aspects of Medicare eligibility from the initial comprehensive assessments to the development of plan-of-care updates.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify Medicare hospice eligibility requirements and documentation that support admission and ongoing eligibility
- Develop an effective plan of care for the team, including aides
- Define the four levels of care and the required documentation
- Recognize common deficiencies in nursing and aide services
- Describe who is responsible for developing and updating the care plan, including supervision and oversight
The hospice nurse and aide roles are critical in supporting all aspects of hospice Medicare eligibility, from certification of terminal illness to ongoing visits and IDG documentation. This webinar will delve into the CoPs requirements for hospice eligibility, and how to meet them through development of the plan of care (POC), including ongoing assessments and updates. Best practices for utilizing both nursing and aide services will be addressed as well as how to avoid common compliance challenges. It will also cover the four levels of care, required supporting documentation for each level, and how to avoid high-risk admissions with the potential to trigger audits. Join us to learn aide oversight requirements, how to maintain compliance, and how to avoid a survey deficiency or medical review.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for COOs, CEOs, CFOs, board members, nursing leadership, clinical supervisors, RN coordinators, case managers, hospice aides, admission and intake nurses, LVNs, quality assurance staff, and new clinical staff needing support with hospice eligibility, documentation, and onboarding.
- Model example: Patient Notification of Hospice Non-Covered Items, Services, and Drugs
- CMS hospice toolkit: Program Integrity—An Overview for Medicaid Hospice Providers
- Creating an Effective Hospice Plan of Care
- OIG hospice aide report brief
- Additional resources, including a hospice documentation audit tool link
- Employee training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC