Compliance for the Hospice Chaplain & Social Worker
StreamedMar 23, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Increased oversight and ADRs are on the rise.
Learn how to utilize your chaplains’ and social workers’ documentation to support hospice eligibility and positively impact care and agency revenues.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify Medicare hospice eligibility requirements and how chaplains and social workers support admission and ongoing eligibility using documentation
- Explain social worker and chaplain requirements and expectations for assessments and plans of care (POCs), including how their roles support bereavement
- Define the four levels of care and how chaplains and social workers can support each level with documentation
- Identify assessment tools to assist with goals and outcomes
- Avoid compliance challenges using best practices
The roles of hospice social workers and chaplains are often underutilized and misunderstood. Documentation by social workers and chaplains has become critical in supporting hospice eligibility and Medicare payments due to increased oversight through Targeted Probe & Educate (TPE) and state audits. This webinar will cover social work and spiritual care-related regulations (which can be frustratingly vague), levels of licensing, assessment guidance, documentation, and how to stay involved when visits are refused. It will review best practices for using assessments and plans of care as the basis for quality and compliant procedures. Participants will learn how to comply with bereavement requirements, strengthen documentation through the IDG, and overcome compliance challenges when social workers and chaplains are not able to make regular visits.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for COOs, CEOs, CFOs, board members, nursing leadership, clinical supervisors, RN coordinators, case managers, hospice aides, admission and intake nurses, LVNs, quality assurance staff, and new clinical staff needing support with hospice eligibility, documentation, and onboarding.
- Fact sheet: Creating an Effective Hospice Plan of Care
- Additional resources and links to:
- HOPE Approach to Spiritual Assessment
- Social Work Assessment Tool (SWAT)
- FACT, A Chaplain’s Tool for Assessing Spiritual Needs in an Acute Care Setting
- Social Work Assessment Notes: A Comprehensive Outcomes-Based Hospice Documentation System
- Employee training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC