VBID Update: Hospice Benefit Component & Medicare Advantage
January 11, 2024
DateJan 11, 2024Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PST01:00 PM MST
02:00 PM CST03:00 PM EST
- Unlimited connections for your agency
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Stay up to date with the latest in Value-Based Insurance Design (VBID) model news.
Learn about the current VBID demonstration and prepare your agency for the reality of Medicare Advantage in hospice.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Outline the voluntary process of participation by the MAO plans
- Review the MAOs participating in the VBID demonstration in 2024 and the impacted states
- Detail six key elements of the hospice portion of the VBID demonstration
- Review the instructions for billing the MAO and traditional Medicare when a patient is enrolled in a participating plan
- Describe the MAO plan payments for participation in VBID
This webinar will cover the details of the Value-Based Insurance Design Model – Hospice Benefit Component. Medicare Advantage (MA) has long had coverage for home health patients, but there has never been coverage for hospice. VBID is a demonstration that began January 1, 2021. There have been many changes to the Medicare Advantage Organizations (MAO) participating in 2024 as the demonstration has now been extended through 2030. The differences in coverage for an in-network versus an out-of-network provider will be reviewed as will the allowance of MAO plans to force patients to elect in-network only. CMS requires that MAOs provide beneficiaries with broad access to the complete original Medicare hospice benefit.
This webinar will cover all known aspects of the demonstration and will prepare hospices for the reality that Medicare Advantage is now in the hospice world to stay.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for administrators, directors, intake staff, authorization personnel, and billers.
- VBID resource guide
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however, there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Melinda A. Gaboury
Healthcare Provider Solutions, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC