The PHE Is Ending: What Every Hospice Needs to Know to Prepare
StreamedApr 17, 2023Duration60 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
The Public Health Emergency (PHE) is ending, now what?
Although COVID-19 remains a public health priority, the virus is no longer an emergency. Preparing for the waivers to end is critical to meeting compliance requirements and creating a smooth transition for staff and patients.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify which PHE waivers will end on May 11, 2023
- Define when a hospice must resume meeting staff competency timelines
- Explain how telehealth will be allowed to continue post PHE
- Understand post-PHE timelines all hospice agencies must meet for full condition compliance
A federal Public Health Emergency was declared on January 31, 2020. Agencies began implementing numerous waivers instituted by CMS starting in March of 2020. Three years later, the federal PHE will officially expire on May 11, 2023. Hospice agencies must resume pre-pandemic compliance conditions of practice. This timely webinar will serve as a review of the CMS Hospice Conditions of Participation and the flexibilities allowed during the PHE. It will clarify what your agency will be held responsible for from a compliance perspective and the timelines you must meet to achieve full compliance. Nursing requirements, competency skills, volunteer programs, telehealth, annual training programs, and aide education and supervision will be covered. The presenter will also address frequently asked questions surrounding this hot topic. This presentation will serve as a crib notes summary of the Conditions to prepare your agency after three long years of waivers.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all hospice leadership and clinical staff including CEOs, DOPCSs, QAPI team members, clinical managers/supervisors, NPs, medical directors, intake personnel, and field staff.
- Hospice: CMS Flexibilities to Fight COVID-19
- COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Blanket Waivers for Health Care Providers
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"It was detailed, coherent, and gave recommendations for putting information into actionable steps with a clear timeline."
- Alison, Center for Hope Hospice & Palliative Care, Inc.
"I am new to managing hospice changes and being responsible for the outcomes. This webinar was very informative and just what I needed."
- Melissa, Heart & Soul Hospice
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC