Hospice 101: Creating a Solid Foundation for New Staff & Refreshing the Basics
StreamedJan 19, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Post-payment medical review audits are on the rise and meeting education and documentation requirements continue to challenge organizations.
Hospice 101 will serve as an excellent introduction for onboarding new staff and a great way to refresh training for current staff – and meet agency compliance.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- List the technical requirements for Medicare hospice eligibility
- Define the required documentation to support Medicare hospice eligibility, both at admission and ongoing
- Explain the four levels of care and required documentation for each
- Identify the importance of completing the NOE, Patient Notification of Hospice Non-Covered Items, and Services and Drugs, including following CMS designated timelines
- Recognize the benefit of using LCDs for greater accuracy when documenting
Listen to a clip from this webinar!
Hospice 101 will create a solid foundation by taking your agency through the basics of the hospice process, with an emphasis on eligibility. This webinar will explain who is eligible for the Medicare hospice benefit and what documentation is required for admission and to maintain Medicare hospice eligibility. It will review the Notice of Election (NOE) and patient addendum of non-covered services. In addition, it will address the four levels of care and required documentation, the hospice admission paperwork, and the certification process. High-risk areas will include Medicare audits, payment denials, and inappropriate admissions that can trigger CMS oversight.
After you build a solid foundation with Hospice 101, be sure to check out Hospice 201: CMS Updates, Regulations, Payment Models & Key Focus Areas.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This webinar is recommended for all new hospice staff and will serve as an excellent refresher on the hospice benefit for board members, quality and compliance staff, DOPCSs, admission team nurses, clinical managers, intake staff, liaisons, marketing personnel, and business development teams. In addition, it will benefit home health administrators who are interested in adding a hospice agency to their service portfolio and care continuum.
- Official government handout: The Medicare Hospice Benefit
- CMS Hospice Conditions of Participation
- Local coverage determination (LCD) tool example
- Hospice GIP audit tool
- Handout on hospice orientation for the interdisciplinary team
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
What is Required to Move a Patient into General Inpatient Care or Continuous Care?
This Essential Hospice & Palliative Care Bulletin blog post gives insight into this informative webinar, and answers the question - What is required to move a patient into general inpatient care?
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC