How Diverse Is Your Volunteer Workforce? Examining Policies & Marketing Practices
StreamedJun 16, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Creating and maintaining a diverse volunteer workforce benefits hospice programs and communities exponentially.
Do you have a diverse volunteer program now? The answer to this question is critical to evaluating our agencies and our mission in relation to end-of-life care and surrounding communities.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define “diverse volunteer workforce” as it applies to your organization and community
- Explain one method used to determine the level of workforce diversity and assess specific needs
- List three obstacles that interfere with creating and maintaining a diverse volunteer workforce
- Describe three methods for addressing obstacles and improving diversity
- Discuss how staff and volunteers are currently assisting with marketing efforts and recruiting new volunteers in all areas
The goal is to have a volunteer workforce as diverse as our patient and family populations. So often though, self-imposed limitations and how we think about volunteers constrain our marketing and recruitment efforts. Likewise, there are frequently stipulations within our policies and procedures that discourage volunteers from diverse populations, cultures, and backgrounds. This webinar will look at ways volunteers are being unintentionally and unnecessarily excluded from the workforce. It will examine ways to be more inclusive to better serve the ill, and support circle members, volunteers, and local communities. We will look at one method in particular to help determine what our current and ideal volunteer composition and numbers should be. Practices that help guide staff and volunteers to skillfully assist with outreach will be covered, as well as more inclusive and specialized methods to tailor processes and trainings.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This inclusive webinar is designed for volunteer managers, steering committee volunteers, hospice administrators, marketing staff, and all team leaders.
- Guide for calculating “ideal” volunteer workforce numbers
- Program assessment exercise
- Training log
- Handout with additional resources and lecture notes
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Gary Gardia Inc.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC