Become the Social Worker or Spiritual Caregiver You Aspire to Be
StreamedNov 17, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Defining your role as a hospice social worker or spiritual caregiver is just the beginning.
Take the next step to truly define who you are and where you want to be in your vocation. It is vital to set goals and aspirations to never lose sight of the “why” and to work towards the future with intention. Create a solid foundation and goal to stay true to your calling and give the gift of hospice.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define the comprehensive roles of hospice social workers and spiritual caregivers
- List five key criteria of high-level practice for each
- Explain the concept of “defining moments” and recognize examples that promote or contradict who you want to be in your work
- Formulate personal and professional goals that are consistent with high-level practice
- Describe methods for maneuvering around common obstacles
a plan for future endeavors and goals
Are you the spiritual caregiver or social worker you aspire to be? In general, our best work is done when we connect with people. However, times of great growth do not coincide with complacency. How do you deal with difficult people or those reluctant to “let you in”? Are you sometimes relieved when a family declines social work or spiritual caregiver visits? How do you set goals and celebrate your victories? This webinar will explore those moments that define who we are in our roles – the aspirational and successful experiences that encourage us to keep pursuing our mission and the challenging times that make us question “why.” Learn to appreciate and embrace defining moments to continually raise the bar for exceptional spiritual and social work end-of-life care.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for hospice social workers and chaplains/spiritual caregivers. All hospice team members, including management and leadership, will benefit from learning about the importance of these essential team members.
List of key criteria for the role of the hospice social worker and spiritual caregiver on the IDT
- Personal assessment exercise
- Goal planning exercise
- Additional resource list for key topics, including lecture notes
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Gary Gardia Inc.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC