Supporting Hospice Eligibility Through Documentation
StreamedDec 6, 2022Duration75 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Learn how to capture decline and terminal trajectory in your documentation using the LCDs that support accepted hospice diagnosis and disease processes.
This webinar will take you through the clinical guidelines and LCDs that support Medicare hospice eligibility. It will emphasize what needs to be documented, who documents what, and where clinical guideline requirements should be documented to support eligibility and CoP compliance.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Use LCDs to guide documentation
- Identify key areas of documentation to support terminal diagnosis
- Recognize documentation risks that could lead to denials
Today’s hospice agencies are seeing more regulatory oversight, including the CMS ADR process, SMRC audits, and OIG audits. Documentation is being scrutinized at the highest level. This webinar will address documentation requirements for clinical staff from start of care through discharge/death to ensure that Conditions of Participation, and compliance and billing requirements are met. Attendees will also learn how to use LCDs to guide documentation from admission or recertification and the items that must be recorded on every routine visit.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for owners, administrators, QAPI team members, clinicians, and clinical managers.
- Start-of-care audit tool
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Extremely helpful for hospice documentation tips and education!"
- Monica, Masonicare
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC