Presence & Authenticity – Do These Belong to Us or Them?
StreamedNov 4, 2021Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Presence, authenticity, vulnerability, and openness.
Discover how to obtain and use these valuable skills – and teach patients and families to do the same.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Articulate the concept of “giving psychology away”
- Discuss how “the real work begins after we leave”
- Explain the role of related professional and personal boundaries
- Distinguish between an authentic and a humanistic counseling approach
- Teach these important skills to patients and their support circles
It is vitally important for chaplains, social workers, and bereavement teams to have the ability to “be present.” When we are with people who are ill and their loved ones, it is even more important to teach patients and families to be present for one another. Presence, authenticity, vulnerability, and openness will be discussed in this presentation. Pathways will be provided to help understand which part of these are for us to utilize in our work and how/when to share these critical approaches with patients and families.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will best suit chaplains, social workers, counselors, team leaders, leadership, and professional volunteers.
- Discussion guide to use with leadership, staff, and volunteers
- Self-assessment exercise
- Sample counseling conversation utilizing a specific theoretical framework
- Extensive handout with lecture notes and additional learning opportunities
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Gary Gardia Inc.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC