Upskill Your Agency to Be Volunteer Receptive & Supportive
StreamedSep 28, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Train volunteers – lose volunteers – train volunteers – lose volunteers.
Does your hospice agency welcome volunteers with open arms or is there pushback against new volunteers and services? In an environment where recruitment is challenging and turnover is high, you can’t afford to lose valuable volunteers. Industry expert Gary Gardia will provide innovative ideas on how to create an atmosphere where volunteers are welcomed, supported by staff, and used to their full potential.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Discuss the challenges created by focusing on agency needs versus volunteer needs
- List five ways volunteers are unintentionally discouraged from choosing your hospice program
- Assess and correct how you may be sending the message, “we don’t want you”
- Discuss three ways to streamline onboarding processes
- Individualize volunteer support and avoid a one-size-fits-all approach
- Enumerate 10 creative ways to provide targeted support to volunteers, individually and collectively
Are you stuck in the train volunteers – lose volunteers – train volunteers – lose volunteers cycle? Do your volunteers start out energized and then quickly lose interest? This webinar will present solutions to these problems. Excited and motivated volunteers are your organization’s best marketing resource. Learn how to train volunteers, keep them enthusiastic and inspired about their work, and create an extensive pool of accomplished volunteers.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for volunteer managers. Volunteers serving on your program’s steering committee, leadership teams, managers, marketing personnel, bereavement professionals, and chaplains will also benefit from attending.
- Current program obstacles assessment exercise
- Applicable Medicare regulations and guidance
- Sample position descriptions, training curricula, program descriptions, evaluation criteria, etc.
- Discussion guide for obtaining staff/leadership buy-in
- Expanded retention models/guide
- Useful volunteer support resources
- List of expanded volunteer roles and services
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"The speaker gave me a great perspective of how to develop and retain volunteers. His passion for his job was apparent and his experience was a wealth of knowledge for me to do a start up hospice volunteer program!"
- Lynne, LHM
Gary Gardia Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC