Top Survey Deficiencies in Hospice & How to Avoid Them
StreamedOct 10, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
A bad survey can create costly problems for a provider...
...from disrupting a plan of correction to potential termination of the Medicare provider agreement and/or license. This webinar will cover how to avoid the top 10 deficiencies to keep your agency in compliance and running smoothly.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify hospice survey types and frequency
- Recognize the top 10 hospice survey deficiencies
- Apply compliance tips to avoid survey deficiencies
- Implement processes to ensure survey readiness
- Identify documents required for survey compliance
- Discuss the 2023 updates to the survey process including the two new phases with core and associated CoPs in the SOM-Appendix M
- Understand the timeline for the conclusion of the PHE (public health emergency) as it relates to hospice surveys
This session will cover the top 10 hospice survey deficiencies and explore how to avoid them. It will include documentation tips, best practices, process implementation, staff training, and survey preparation to ensure your agency is always survey ready. Guidance on the new survey process, including home visit/clinical record sample size, will be provided to give agencies insight on how surveyors will review the Conditions of Participation requirements. Join us to learn key elements that surveyors find deficient in agency records.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for hospice administrators, clinical managers, governing body members, QAPI personnel, and compliance staff.
- Outline of the updated hospice survey protocol, including sample size for clinical record review and home visits
- The top 10 hospice survey deficiencies and associated L tags
- Documents required for survey
- Survey readiness tips
- Associated references
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"The webinar was informative, delivered in a manner that held your attention."
- Elaine, Opuscare
Healthcare Provider Solutions, Inc.
© 2024 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC