Meeting the Hospice Volunteer Requirement: Discussions and Best Practices
StreamedNov 30, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Tackle hospice volunteer program compliance confidently with this timely webinar!
It will review best practices and examples of what do and do not qualify for volunteer hours. Learn how to break down the three categories of volunteer hours and how to calculate the 5% requirement. Volunteer activity FAQs will be addressed to clarify issues related to crafting, entertainment, and clinicians providing clinical support as volunteers.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Explain the Medicare hospice volunteer 5% requirement
- Clarify which volunteer activities meet the 5% requirement
- Recognize direct and indirect patient care activities
- Identify volunteer training requirements
- Discuss the importance of documenting volunteer recruitment activities
The end of the Public Health Emergency means the return of the volunteer 5% requirement, a rule that CMS will reinstate as of January 1, 2024. Resuming compliance with the volunteer requirement is posing a significant regulatory challenge for agencies, post pandemic. This webinar will take agencies through the hospice volunteer requirements. It will review what activities qualify for the 5% requirement. In addition, it will address best practices for recruitment, retention, and utilization of volunteers to run a successful and effective hospice volunteer program. Volunteers are critical to a hospice agency. This timely webinar will help agencies design an effective volunteer program to meet the reinstated 2024 requirement.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for hospice leadership, CFOs, DOPCSs, volunteer coordinators, volunteer directors and managers, social workers, spiritual counselors, and chaplains.
- Volunteer cost savings policy and procedure (guidelines)
- Tracking and Reporting Volunteer Activities on the Medicare Hospice Cost & Data Report
- Volunteer coordinator job descriptions
- Valuable links and resources
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"This was so helpful, contained useful information, and was greatly appreciated."
- Kevi, Partners In Home Care, Inc.
"Kathy was very knowledgeable, relatable and easy to listen to. I appreciated the time management and staying ON TRACK. I would have loved to hear more of her stories and experiences!"
-Carolee, Amedisys Hospice
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC