Exploring the Critical Role of the Hospice Social Worker on the Team
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Person-centered care thrives when the interdisciplinary team runs smoothly.
Clarifying the roles and responsibilities of the hospice social worker on the team is critical to providing the highest level of psychosocial end-of-life care.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- List five core responsibilities of a hospice social worker
- Describe five commonly overlooked roles for hospice social workers
- Outline four essential theoretical frameworks specifically used to guide hospice social work
- Explore critical skill sets necessary to achieve primary duties
- Define “assertive social work practice” related to elevating the role of social workers on the team
- Discuss social workers’ role in ensuring true interdisciplinary team functioning
Think fast! Can you articulate the role and duties of a hospice social worker? Can you list the skills and theoretical frameworks used to guide intervention? If you can’t, you are not alone; their role is complex and often overlooked. This webinar will define and expand on the true nature of highly effective psychosocial end-of-life care and clarify the role of the hospice social worker.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative webinar is designed to highlight social workers’ role on the hospice team. It will benefit all team members, organization leadership, and social workers considering a transition to hospice.
- Organization self-assessment exercise
- Social worker self-assessment exercise
- Theoretical frameworks handout
- Guide for educating the team regarding the social workers’ role
- Handout with additional lecture notes
- Extensive list of resources with additional web links to learn more about specific topics
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar