Hospice FAQs: Interdisciplinary Team, Plan of Care, Social Work & Spiritual Care
StreamedJul 13, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
The interdisciplinary team (IDT) is critical in hospice care.
However, many agencies struggle with IDT-related questions regarding regulations, compliance, and reimbursement. This webinar will serve as cheat sheet to the frequent asked questions that a hospice consultant regularly encounters to help agencies understand and effectively deploy their own team.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Recognize common documentation compliance challenges and how the IDT can avoid them
- Define what documentation is needed to support the physician CTI
- Demonstrate how to effectively update the plan of care during IDT
- Conduct an effective IDT meeting and clarify who must attend
- Define how the entire team can support ongoing hospice eligibility, especially during this time of increased Medicare audits
This webinar will discuss frequently asked questions encountered by consultants related to the interdisciplinary team, plan of care (POC), social work services, and spiritual care. Take a deep dive into compliance challenges and concerns related to the certification of illness (CTI) and POC. Common questions regarding the necessity of verbal versus written CTIs will also be covered. Participants will walk away understanding the documentation requirements as well as who reviews the documentation and the critical role the IDT plays.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for executive board members, administrators, DOPCSs, clinical leadership, management, QAPI team members, social workers, chaplains, bereavement staff, nurses, and hospice volunteers.
- Documentation Requirements for the Hospice Physician Certification/Recertification
- Additional links to:
- Creating an Effective Hospice Plan of Care
- PsychoSocial eDocs EMR Forms Patient Care Checklist
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Validation for our teams that enforces our processes, requirements and importance of collaboration and coordination of care."
-Angela, Vidant Home Health and Hospice
"I really liked the honesty that she put into this webinar. We all know that IDT is for all disciplines and that ALL documentation matters. We all need to be present at IDT and speak up and we often only have Nursing speak. Sometimes SW. Music/SW not so much. She put her statement out there in a good way - knowing the sensitivity of SW and Chaplains. We are doing an IDT PIP and the precursor will be that the team will need to watch this first."
"I don't regret my $ and 90 minutes. The webinar is very informative."
-Dyan, Independent Hospice
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC