ADRs: How to Respond & Maneuver Through the Medical Review & Appeal Process
June 1, 2022
DateJun 1, 2022Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PDT01:00 PM MDT
02:00 PM CDT03:00 PM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your agency
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Medical audit reviews are on the rise! Don’t be caught off guard.
Ensure your agency understands the ADR and review process. Submitting correct documentation, following the timeline, and putting best practices to work increase the odds of a favorable outcome.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Differentiate between types of government audits
- Define the ADR process, including agency responsibilities and critical timelines for submission
- Identify the documents and benefit periods to include with a medical review audit submission
- Explain the purpose of a cover letter for each patient medical audit review submission
Postpayment ADRs are increasingly occurring nationally in home health and hospice. As we transition from a public health emergency (PHE), we are moving into a period of escalated medical audit reviews. With additional document requests (ADRs), it is more likely than not that your agency will receive one. Take a deep dive into the medical audit review process and best practices, including recommended documentation, the submission process, and critical timelines. This informative session will review cover letters, how to highlight your case for care, and where to focus the auditor’s attention. It will examine the appeal process, when to use outside resources, and ways to increase favorable outcomes.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This timely session is recommended for board members, administrators, finance staff, executive leadership, clinical managers and supervisors, QAPI personnel, medical directors, liaisons, field staff, and intake and admission team members.
- NGS: Hospice Documentation Checklist
- ADR patient cover letter sample
- Prepayment Medical Review Additional Document Request (MR ADR)
- Postpayment Medical Review Additional Development
Request (MR ADR) Quick Resource Tool
- Hospice Documentation Checklist Tool
- Sample ADR postpayment notification letter
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC