ADR Management: Agency Policy & Procedures for Enhanced Oversight
January 17, 2024
DateJan 17, 2024Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PST01:00 PM MST
02:00 PM CST03:00 PM EST
- Unlimited connections for your agency
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
It is not a matter of whether an agency will receive a medical review additional document request (ADR), it is more of a matter of when.
CMS has contracted with Noridian for enhanced oversight beginning with certain hospice diagnoses starting with 2021 admissions. Is your agency prepared for an audit?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Describe ways an agency can receive an ADR and how to respond
- Define how a compliance program relates to ADR management and should be reflected in a policy and procedure (P&P)
- Explain the benefits of a P&P for ADR management and enhanced oversight
- Use checklists to add value to an ADR management P&P
- Identify the benefits of routine P&P audits
If your agency wants to be ahead of the curve, it is imperative to design related policies, procedures, and processes to prepare for enhanced oversight. This timely webinar will review the critical components of a medical review ADR and the key elements that should be incorporated. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Instructional information in the ADR
- An audit tool/checklist to integrate into your routine quality assurance and compliance processes
- When and how to perform routine audits
- What to do with the results
Learn how to tie in your agency’s compliance program and how it should be reflected in your ADR management policy and procedure. Training, education, and creating a culture of compliance will help your organization prepare for ADRs. Don’t let a request completely disrupt your organization including financial recoupment that frequently leads to difficult outcomes. Prepare your agency with proactive actions for the world of increased Medicare oversight.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all leadership, including executives, administrators, DOPCSs, DONs, corporate compliance team members, CFOs, clinical supervisors, educators, QAPI personnel, and intake and field staff.
- Additional document request (ADR) quick reference guide
- CMS self-audit snapshot
- Healthcare compliance program tips
links to the following topics:
- Signature guidelines
- Suggestions for improving documentation
- Post/pre-payment medical review ADR quick resource tool
- Hospice denials: NOE and patient addendum, cert/recertification, F2F, POC, and 6-month terminal diagnosis
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however, there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC