Tackling Social Isolation & Loneliness – Solutions & Interventions
StreamedOct 21, 2021Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Explore a wide range of interdisciplinary solutions and interventions as they relate to social isolation and loneliness.
With the uncertainty of COVID-19, this is an increasingly high concern for people who are ill and their caregivers.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Discuss social isolation as it relates to COVID-19 and terminal illness in general
- Differentiate and connect social isolation and loneliness
- List two counseling interventions to address social isolation and loneliness
- Describe five programming ideas that address social isolation, including the use of volunteers
- Address the relationship between social isolation and bereavement risk and provide helpful interventions and solutions
While social isolation has become the “new normal” for many, it can be particularly difficult for people who are ill and their caregivers. Assessing social isolation pre-COVID-19 was a key criterion for medium- to high-risk bereavement risk assessments. What this means now is that many families are at medium to high risk at the time of admission. This webinar will review common challenges associated with isolation, including higher than normal levels of anxiety and distress. It will also explore a wide range of interdisciplinary solutions and interventions.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative webinar is designed for all team members, including management, leadership, and volunteer managers. Time will be spent on counseling interventions, including variations that all team members can use.
- Organizational assessment
- Team discussion guide
- Sample programming ideas for all disciplines that address social isolation
- Additional slides/handout to use for ongoing staff and volunteer training
- Handout with additional lecture notes
- List of references, bibliography, and additional learning opportunities
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Gary Gardia Inc.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC