Workplace Violence: Keeping Yourself & Staff Safe During the Workday
January 9, 2024
DateJan 9, 2024Duration60 minutes
12:00 PM PST01:00 PM MST
02:00 PM CST03:00 PM EST
- Unlimited connections for your agency
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Workplace violence is unpredictable and difficult to anticipate.
It can lead to staff and patient harm, a damaged reputation, and financial loss for your agency. Learn how to keep yourself and others safe with this enlightening webinar.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify types of workplace violence that occur in home health
- Reduce barriers for employees who are reluctant to report workplace violence
- Recognize the impact of workplace violence on employee retention
- Pinpoint how your agency can reduce workplace violence
The first thing that comes to mind for most people at the mention of workplace violence is an active shooter situation. However, the issue of workplace violence is much broader than this one type of extreme incident. Most cases are verbal or physical attacks that rarely involve a weapon. A National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health study in 2007 indicated that 20% of home health aides reported verbal abuse in the past year and 5% reported threats of violence. It is also believed that many threats or violent acts go unreported.
This webinar will define workplace violence and delve into the impact of aggression and violent threats on employees. It will also address the agency’s role in reducing workplace violence, and why employees need to report it.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
- Home Care
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for senior leadership, QAPI personnel, clinical managers, and clinicians.
- Sample workplace violence performance improvement plan
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
Attendance certificate provided, however, there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Link Healthcare Advantage, LLC
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC