Raising the Bar for Bereavement Counseling & Services: New Approaches, Services & Skillsets
StreamedAug 25, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Is your agency ready to elevate counseling approaches and raise the bar for hospice bereavement care?
Learn how to create a strong program that enhances services and can withstand whatever the future brings. The ideas discussed will add value and increase quality care without adding costs.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Cite the Medicare definition of bereavement counseling
- Provide examples of qualifications for bereavement counseling supervision
- List risk factors that require a skilled bereavement counseling approach at admission
- Explain the use of three theoretical counseling frameworks to provide grief counseling, specifically in complex situations
- Identify three uses for e-counseling to reach people who are socially isolated or prefer e-communication
Listen to a clip from the webinar!
Do you ever feel that people who are grieving need more than your agency can provide? We are not talking about psychotherapy, but instead referring to higher levels of counseling, specifically related to the hospice death. This webinar will distinguish the differences between supportive measures and counseling. It will also cover how today’s hospice bereavement programs can raise the bar for current services without additional costs.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative webinar is designed for bereavement professionals and the leadership team. Anyone that provides bereavement counseling will benefit from attending.
- E-counseling bereavement services list
- Bereavement program evaluation checklist
- List of ways to increase services by using volunteers and professional volunteers
- Sample “check-in” scripts
- Extensive handout with lecture notes, references, and additional learning opportunities
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Some of the polls gave a clearer perspective about the practices of other Bereavement professionals."
- Richard, Hospice of San Joaquin
"It is clear that the speaker is knowledgeable and passionate about profession. Information was helpful and handout is especially useful."
- Sarah, Chesapeake Life Center at Hospice of the Chesapeake
"The polls information about specific counseling modalities suited for grief counseling."
- Lisa, University Hospice
"The review of grief beginning upon admission. We have long shared this practice with risk assessments beginning same. Also, love that there was clarity over Kubler Ross as so many folks still push that as gospel without the background. Grief is not in set stages, so this was excellent to hear. It's always in my speech to new clinical staff who are somehow still getting this old, outdated theory and none of the newer ones that we know are applicable. Thank you."
- Barbara, Arkansas Hospice, Inc.
Gary Gardia Inc.
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC