How HIPAA Impacts Email & Text Messaging: Communication Compliance
StreamedApr 20, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Do you have formal email and texting rules? Are they up to date?
Do all staff members comply? Even when working from home? This information-packed webinar will provide participants with a sample confidential and sensitive information policy, record retention guidelines, and other tools and strategies designed to create a HIPAA-compliant electronic communications program.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Comply with HIPAA’s privacy and security rules regarding email and texting
- Minimize HIPAA compliance risks triggered by mobile device use
- Manage patients’ electronic records and rights
- Protect confidential and sensitive information acquired, used, and transmitted via email and texts
- Create best practices-based policies and legally defensible procedures governing email and texts
- Enforce email rules among onsite, hybrid, and remote employees
- Benefit from expert advice, best practices, and compliance tips
Hospices and home care companies are allowed to communicate with and about patients via email and text, provided HIPAA’s privacy and security rules are followed. Noncompliance can result in regulatory fines, compromised electronic protected health information (ePHI), lawsuits, and lost revenues. Are you confident your organization is lawfully using email and text messages to communicate with patients and peers in the office and from home? Do you manage confidential and sensitive information in compliance with HIPAA’s content rules and state record-retention laws? Have you implemented policies, procedures, and training to ensure proper handling of email and text messages by employees and business associates? This session will provide a comprehensive look at email and texting risks, rules, and best practices.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
- Home Care
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must for compliance officers, lawyers, records managers, information governance professionals, IT staff, human resources personnel, privacy officers, directors, and administrators. Anyone who communicates via email and text messaging will benefit.
- Sample policy: Confidential & Sensitive Information Policy for the Healthcare Industry
- Record Retention Rules for the Healthcare Industry
- Record Retention Guidelines for the Healthcare Industry
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
The ePolicy Institute™, Business Writing Institute™ & Marijuana Policy Institute™
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC