A Comprehensive Look Part 2: The Role of the Hospice Chaplain
StreamedSep 22, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Chaplains are integral members of the hospice team.
Ensure everyone understands their role and responsibilities by taking a comprehensive look at how they help plan, assess, and care for people’s spiritual needs during the end-of-life journey.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define the terms hospice chaplain and spiritual distress
- Explore common misperceptions about a chaplain’s role on the team
- Discuss the Medicare requirement for providing spiritual counseling
- List qualifications for chaplains and for the provision of spiritual counseling
one process to move beyond spiritual support to more skillful approaches and
“What is a hospice chaplain and what do they do?” Imagine asking hospice workers across the nation that question. How would people respond, and would their responses be similar? There is a wide range of notions about what chaplains do and how they achieve their goals. This webinar will explore the role of the chaplain as a member of the interdisciplinary team and focus on the skills needed to address spiritual distress and high-level dynamics and situations.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative webinar is designed for hospice chaplains, their supervisors, and members of the senior leadership team.
- Organization and self-assessment exercise
- Discussion guide to use with fellow team members
- List of key roles and responsibilities
- Extensive handout with lecture notes and resources
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Very insightful. Gave attention to aspects of admission that I had never thought of. Will be using this not only to better my own work as a chaplain, but to help educate our nurses who admit patients so that we can maximize care for them by utilizing the spiritual counselor more."
- Adam, Community Hospice
Gary Gardia Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC