The Spiritual Caregiver's Role in Hospice
January 12, 2023
DateJan 12, 2023Duration60 minutes
12:00 PM PST01:00 PM MST
02:00 PM CST03:00 PM EST
- Unlimited connections for your agency
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Clear up the confusion and misconceptions about end-of-life spiritual care.
The spiritual caregiver ensures that spiritual and religious needs are met during end-of-life care for both the person receiving care and the family. This webinar will serve as a thorough guide to the spiritual caregiver’s role, responsibilities, requirements, qualifications, credentials, interventions, and practice.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define the hospice spiritual caregiver’s role
- List primary and secondary duties and roles
- Explore common misperceptions about the spiritual caregiver’s role on the team
- Define the Medicare requirement for providing spiritual counseling
- List qualifications and recommendations for spiritual caregivers
- Recognize national certifications and credentials
- Discuss the concept of advanced practice and interventions as it applies to spiritual caregivers
This webinar is part of the Hospice Chaplain/Spiritual Caregiver Training Series. Learn more and save 10% when you purchase the entire series!
If hospice workers across the country were asked, “What is a hospice spiritual caregiver and what is their role?”, would people easily respond with similar answers? What if spiritual caregivers were asked the same question? There is a wide range of notions about what spiritual caregivers do and how they achieve their goals. The first webinar in this three-part series will examine the comprehensive role of the spiritual caregiver as a member of the hospice interdisciplinary team. This webinar will help participants clearly articulate the spiritual caregiver’s roles, duties, and skills as defined by Medicare and national best practice standards.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for hospice spiritual caregivers/chaplains and leadership. Fellow team members will also benefit.
- Self-assessment exercise
- Organization assessment exercise
- Discussion guide to use with team members about the role of the spiritual caregiver/chaplain
- List of key roles and responsibilities
- Lecture notes and additional resource list for key topics
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC