Moving Beyond Emotional Support - Targeted Counseling Approaches & Interventions
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Ensure your whole team is on the same page and move beyond “provided emotional support.”
- Discuss the critical role of social workers as counselors
- List four theoretical frameworks that fit well with end-of-life care practice
- Examine four common challenges social workers face when creating patient/family informed plans
- List three methods for providing e-counseling
- Apply concepts and skills to specific patient/family situations
How often do you read the words “provided emotional support” in team documentation? The problem is people don’t need a licensed professional to be emotionally supportive. During these times of social isolation (a devastating new normal) interventions must begin at a level that is well beyond “emotional support.” This webinar is designed to assist new and experienced hospice and palliative care social workers to “get on the same page” when it comes to critical skill sets. We begin this process by covering evidence-based counseling practices specific to end-of-life situations, goals, and anticipated outcomes. The webinar will move well beyond “supportive” interventions and focus on theoretical frameworks adapted to common and challenging situations healthcare workers face on a daily basis.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative webinar is designed for hospice and palliative care social workers. Leadership and management will also benefit through the exploration of expanded possibilities and approaches to provide better patient care.
- Organization self-assessment exercise
- Social worker self-assessment exercise
- Guide on demonstrating specific techniques and interventions
- Sample policies to assist social workers and teams through challenging situations
- Handout with additional lecture notes
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions.
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar