Counseling for Bereavement Professionals: What Falls Within Your Licensing & Practice
StreamedJul 6, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
There is so much confusion surrounding the bereavement counseling CoPs.
Many bereavement professionals are uncertain about which interventions fall within their licensing and scope of practice. This informative webinar will clear up the confusion and help “ensure that bereavement services reflect the needs of the bereaved” as Medicare requires.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Cite the Medicare definition of bereavement counseling
- Understand bereavement counseling and counselor qualifications
- Recognize the risk factors that require a skilled bereavement counseling approach beginning at admission
- List five common dynamics related exclusively to hospice care that should be addressed
- Create and maintain professional boundaries pertaining to bereavement services
- Identify three uses for “e-counseling” that benefit people who are socially isolated or prefer this format
Who can provide grief counseling and what are the counselor’s requirements? This webinar will address how to provide bereavement counseling, especially to high-risk clients; differentiate between what should be addressed in-house or referred outside; and focus on expanding bereavement services overall.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative webinar is designed for bereavement professionals, leadership, and anyone who provides counseling within your organization.
- Medicare CoPs reference list
- Expanded e-counseling bereavement services ideas
- Bereavement program evaluation checklist
- Ways to utilize volunteers (including professionals) to increase services
- Sample “check-in” scripts
- Handout with lecture notes, references, and additional learning opportunities
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"The presenter was clear, concise, and very knowledgeable. I found this to be very helpful and will be utilizing the toolkit and resources shared!"
- Heather, Hospice of the Red River Valley
Gary Gardia Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC