Advanced-Level Social Worker Skills & Interventions
StreamedAug 24, 2023Duration60 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Hospice social workers encounter a myriad of needs from patients and families.
Whether you consider yourself a seasoned expert or are still building your skillset, the best practices covered in this session will boost your ability to deal with the most challenging situations.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Differentiate between support, counseling, and therapy
- Describe high-level counseling as it applies to the social worker’s role
- List four challenging personality types and assess how to intervene in a compassionate, skillful manner
- List four common mistakes and preferred practices related to suicidal ideation interventions
- Apply models and interventions to common challenging situations
In exploring the significance of skillful hospice social work practice, this webinar will examine what it means to provide a more advanced level of intervention – a higher level of skill and focus beyond entry-level training and skillsets. How is "counseling" defined and which theoretical frameworks are a good fit? How do social workers move beyond "support" when people are in high levels of psychosocial distress? What are the preferred practices related to suicidal ideation interventions? What are the best ways to work alongside challenging people/personalities? This webinar will cover higher-level skills and the social worker’s role in addressing more complex situations.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative webinar is designed primarily for hospice social workers. Leadership, management, and other team members will also benefit by learning about the social worker’s role in providing exceptional care.
- Risk assessment example
- Counseling guide
- Worksheet to highlight specific situations
- Personality assessment exercise
- Personality examples with specific interventions
- Handout with additional lecture notes and additional learning links
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"A comprehensive presentation of the information. I appreciated the additional articles that were listed."
- Ginger, Pathways Hospice
Gary Gardia Inc.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC