Exploring Exceptionalism: Assisting Patients & Families to Plan for the Time of Death
January 4, 2024
DateJan 4, 2024Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PST01:00 PM MST
02:00 PM CST03:00 PM EST
- Unlimited connections for your agency
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
The goal of hospice is to assist people to have their best possible end-of-life experience.
For many people, the most significant event is likely to be the time of death. This event will likely determine (by their definition) if it was a “good” or a “bad” death.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define five key components of a time-of-death plan
- Discuss “door openers” for creating the plan
- Describe a process for creating a time-of-death plan with people who may be unwilling or resistant to discuss death or dying
- List 10 potential goals and interventions
- Explain two important and unexpected benefits of facilitating the best possible time-of-death experiences for people
Often families will use the time-of-death experience as a benchmark for how well the hospice team performed overall. So it is critical to devote skills and time to making concrete time-of-death plans. Many believe that patients and families don’t want to talk about this topic. However, the hospice team must focus on the importance of helping terminally ill people and their family members through this meaningful life event. This webinar will closely examine all aspects of developing a plan for the time of death.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all members of the interdisciplinary team with an emphasis on social workers, chaplains, nurses, and patient care managers.
- 11 potential time-of-death goals
- 20 interventions to help people achieve time-of-death goals
- Discussion guide to use with team members
- Handout with lecture notes, learning opportunities, references, and resources
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however, there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Gary Gardia Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC