Electronic Business Records: 7 Steps for Effective & Compliant Management
StreamedJun 8, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
It’s time to prioritize e-record management.
Attend this program to learn a seven-step strategy for effective and compliant management of e-business records and save your agency valuable time and money.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Manage electronic business records effectively and compliantly
- Establish record rules for email, mobile devices, social media, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Slack, and other electronic tools
- Identify what constitutes a business record
- Define and defend HIPAA’s 18 identifiers, PHI, EPHI, PII, and ESI
- Adhere to HIPAA’s privacy and security rules
- Write effective electronic record retention policy and procedures
- Ensure work-from-home staff comply with electronic record rules
- Determine record lifecycles and produce effective deletion schedules
- Educate employees about e-record rules
- Safeguard electronic business records with technology tools
- Minimize legal and regulatory liabilities by enforcing best practices
Are you confident your organization is retaining email and other electronic business records in compliance with the law, regulations, and internal guidelines? Not long ago, email messages were the only electronic business records healthcare providers needed to concern themselves with. Today, you must master the management of records generated by social media, mobile devices, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, apps, instant messaging, texting, and the web. Failure to preserve, protect, produce, and purge electronically stored information (ESI) in a timely and lawful manner could result in protracted lawsuits, costly court sanctions, HIPAA fines, or regulatory audits. Formal policies, employee education, and best-in-class technology tools are key to compliant electronic record management. This webinar will provide valuable tools, including social media policy guidelines and a multi-part whitepaper to help your organization manage electronic records generated by Zoom, Teams, and other videoconferencing and meeting tools used by onsite, hybrid, and remote employees.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
- Home Care
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must for records managers, information managers, compliance officers, lawyers, IT staff, human resources personnel, privacy officers, administrators, and anyone charged with managing electronic business records.
- Three-part whitepaper: E-Collaboration Tools & Rules
- Guidelines for Creating Effective Social Media Policy
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
The ePolicy Institute™, Business Writing Institute™ & Marijuana Policy Institute™
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC