Documenting Spiritual End-of-Life Care
January 23, 2024
DateJan 23, 2024Duration75 minutes
12:00 PM PST01:00 PM MST
02:00 PM CST03:00 PM EST
- Unlimited connections for your agency
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Raise the standard for spiritual care through quality documentation.
Accurately charting spiritual care is essential not only for meeting regulatory requirements, but for creating a wholistic approach. Take an in-depth look at how to capture a complete picture and raise the bar for quality spiritual care.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Articulate spiritual care documentation regulatory requirements
- Understand how initial certification, recertification, and benefit periods impact documentation
- Determine how to set visit frequencies
- Identify the elements of an individualized and patient-specific care plan including problems/opportunities, goals, and interventions
- Correctly use start-by and achieve-by dates and outcome statements to make meaningful plan-of-care updates
- Utilize language in descriptive narratives that effectively communicates people’s spiritual and religious needs regardless of faith affiliation
Clear, concise, and timely documentation is critical for hospice chaplains and spiritual care providers during end-of-life care. It is imperative to meet regulatory requirements and also ensure a wholistic and interdisciplinary care plan that meets the patient and family's needs. While there are significant variations in documentation practice from one electronic medical record to another, this webinar will provide direction on the essential content that must be included. It will also provide guidance and suggestions on non-religion-specific language to use in narrative documentation entries.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for hospice chaplains and those who support and supervise them.
- Regulatory requirement cheat sheet
- Sample care plans
- Guideline for narrative documentation entries
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however, there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC