Defining Bereavement Services: Spirit of the Law vs. Letter of the Law
StreamedNov 2, 2023Duration60 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Don’t drop the ball when it comes to bereavement care.
Ensure your agency’s bereavement services are effective. A positive experience with your hospice program is crucial.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- List the hospice Medicare Conditions of Participation (CoPs) pertaining to bereavement services
- Define pre- and post-death bereavement counseling
- Discuss the qualified professional CoP requirement
- Explain the “spirit of the law” versus the “letter of the law” concepts that emanate from the Medicare Final Rule discussions
- Describe a process to ensure the bereavement plan of care is individualized
- Explore ways to move beyond compliance and into best/preferred bereavement counseling practices and services
Your agency may be meeting the "letter of the law” care requirements but that can still leave people dissatisfied. This webinar will first address key bereavement regulations and programming, as well as recommendations for creative, effective ways to ensure compliance. Next the program will cover the intended "spirit" of each regulation. The goal is to increase bereavement professionals’ confidence about their overall knowledge of related programming and services and to create a plan to raise the bar for offered services.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for bereavement professionals, program managers, and team members involved in bereavement counseling and services. Senior leadership will also benefit from attending.
- Frequently asked questions
- Medicare regulations
- Program evaluation checklist
- Resources specifically related to hospice bereavement programs
- Handout with lecture notes, references, and additional learning opportunities
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"I was surprised and grateful for the speaker's enthusiasm and passion that came out in his presentation. He shared great insights that he provided throughout the webinar that were very helpful. I am looking forward to his next webinar and appreciate all that he brings to this important topic."
- DJuanna, Bella Care Hospice
"Gary was very informative and knowledgeable about bereavement. I am looking forward to the next two webinars to complete the circle. Great job!"
- Brenda, Opuscare
Gary Gardia Inc.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC