Blending E-Counseling with Traditional Models for the Modern Hospice Team
StreamedFeb 9, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Staff members and caregivers must be skillful and creative when providing counseling – especially in today’s electronic world.
Learn the latest in e-counseling and delve into its challenges and ethical considerations, as well as discover creative programming ideas, and so much more in this timely webinar.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define counseling as it applies to end-of-life care
- List three theoretical frameworks that are appropriate for this type of work and setting
- Discuss an effective method for crisis intervention
- Explain the application of these approaches to the unique practice of virtual counseling
- Describe four challenges and solutions specific to virtual counseling
- Apply interventions to situation examples
Since the start of COVID-19, healthcare agencies have been providing more virtual contacts and interventions. Has counseling kept up with this fast-paced and growing practice? New research on “how to be with people” when not physically present is causing many to rethink everything from setting appointments over the phone to virtual crisis intervention. Learn how to blend traditional skills and techniques with new preferred practices. This webinar will focus on providing counseling to people who are ill and members of their circles of support.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for social workers and spiritual caregivers. Other team members who provide counseling, management, and senior leadership will also benefit.
- Self-assessment exercise
- Organizational assessment exercise
- Detailed counseling guide
- Worksheet to highlight specific situations
- Handout with lecture notes
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Gary Gardia Inc.
© 2024 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC