Universal Precautions & Hand Washing for Hospice Volunteers (Complimentary)
StreamedApr 2, 2020Duration45 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
This webinar is complimentary!
This previously recorded webinar covers CDC standards for universal precautions and hand washing which are critical to protecting patients, families & volunteers from COVID-19.
WEBINAR HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- OSHA definitions for bloodborne pathogens
- How germs spread in the everyday world
- CDC standards for universal precautions
- Best line of defense – our skin and hand washing
- Correct glove use if/when necessary
They are called “universal” because these precautions should be observed all of the time – everywhere. Universal precautions protect us while doing volunteer work, but they also protect patients with compromised immune systems. This webinar, designed specifically for hospice volunteers, will go through the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) standards for universal precautions and hand washing. This information is critical in your work as a hospice volunteer, but can also be extremely useful in everyday life.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
- Home Care
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for new or experienced volunteers and volunteer managers, especially those in healthcare that are exposed to COVID-19.
- Lecture notes
- Website link for additional learning
- References and resources for key topics
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Gary Gardia Inc.
Goldfard School of Nursing
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC