Religion & Politics: Navigating Difficult Topics with Colleagues & Patients
StreamedJun 4, 2020Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Can you provide quality care while speaking openly about your beliefs?
Learn when it’s appropriate to talk about personal beliefs and how doing so properly can create better boundaries with patients and colleagues.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Confidently handle four situations where religious and political topics may arise
- Understand how and why conversations on these topics can interfere with quality patient and family care
- Describe two situations where skillfully discussing these topics (within professional boundaries) can promote quality care
- Explain three key concepts for framing a professional conversation surrounding politics and religion
What are your top priorities when caring for seriously ill people? Is it to provide high-quality patient and family care? Can this be achieved even when challenging topics arise? This webinar will review common situations when it is and isn’t appropriate to discuss personal beliefs, including religion and politics, and how to do so within professional constraints. Learn skills and interventions that create professional boundaries and how to create the best environment for high-quality care through communication – both at the bedside and in the office.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
- Home Care
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative and challenging webinar is designed for all staff and team members including managers, IDG team members, social workers, nurses, bereavement staff, hospice volunteers, and anyone involved in patient care.
- Handout with lecture notes
- Discussion guides for staff and volunteers, including guidelines for presenters
- Exercises with possible scenarios, including methods and interventions
- Additional resources on specific interventions and techniques
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Gary Gardia Inc.
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC